Sunday, August 2, 2009

Mimi and Papa

What a crazy few weeks it has been. We started back to school on July 13th and decided that we would let Hunter go stay with Grandma and Grandpa Rogers for a whole week! It was really hard on us being without him. Honestly, we didn’t know what to do! Nothing felt normal. I know it was supposed to be a break for us, but I really hated it.

Grandma and Grandpa took Hunter up to Greer for the Cordes family reunion and so, Keith and I went up there to pick him up. While we were there, my Grandpa Hews (we call him papa) fell and broke his hip. They sent him to Tucson to have surgery. While at the hospital they discovered a blood clot in his lung and that he had some heart conditions. We were extremely worried about him for the surgery and the doctors were not exactly optimistic. The whole entire family was at the hospital for his surgery. Luckily, his surgery was successful and he did wonderful. He is now in a rehabilitation facility in Tucson and he is trying to get used to walking again. Mimi (my grandma) has been right there by his side the entire time. She is such a wonderful and strong woman. She is wonderful example to our whole family.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad everything went will for your Grandpa! Ya it is always weird when you don't have your kids around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mimi rocks! I have been so impressed by her. She doesn't feel good at all herself, but there she is, right there, doing what she feels she needs to do. She is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to hear everything went well for him. I would have to agree that you have a great Grandma and Grandpa. I have lots of good memories of them.

    Can I have you e-mail me Tara's phone #...I am assuming it was changed when she moved. I would love to talk with her. My e-mail is sariahjean@comcast.net

    Thanks!

    Hey what are you going to school for?? You finished your Teaching degree right?? Are you on to a Masters?

    ReplyDelete