Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Making History

I'm sitting here watching a little bit of the inauguration celebrations and I have come to realize that I have never been so scared of the future in my life. I understand that it really is a historic day for our country, but I feel like Americans picked the wrong time to make history. The future is looking bleak and Americans are not focusing on what is important. Instead, they are worshipping a man because he can deliver a nice speech and has the right color of skin. So much money was spent on this inauguration that could have been spent more constructively. For example, all the money and man power they had in security should have been used on our borders, protecting us from terrorism and drugs. But today, America showed me that one man was more important to them. Not more important because of his intelligence and experience, but important to them because his skin is not white.
Right now, all I know, is that I need to put my faith in Heavenly Father and pray that this is his will. I have faith that whatever happens, it is happening for a reason. I just pray that my family will be safe. I know that hard times are coming, but if we all have faith, we will get through these next four years.

1 comment:

  1. Well said, Candy! I had a lot of the same thoughts and feelings. Ummm... Hello, we're in a recession. Let's tone it down a bit. I am very apprehensive about a lot right now, also. We'll see what the future brings. Seems shaky to me.

    ReplyDelete