Monday, February 2, 2009

Crazy Week

Last Monday, I woke up Hunter to find that he had thrown up all over in his bed, as well as down the wall next to his crib. So I stayed home and took him to the doctor. The doc said to make sure he doesn't get dehydrated and try giving him some Pedialyte. Well, Hunter hated it! So after that, he wouldn't drink anything!! On the way home from the doctor he threw up all over himself. When I got home and tried to put him in the bath, he developed diahrea. It was awful and it was like this ALL WEEK LONG! I took him back to the doctor on Wednesday and all he said was to give him Pedialyte or Gatorade. Thankfully, Hunter finally started drinking his regular formula. Poor little guy. It was awful. I felt so bad for him. He was a miserable little boy for a few days.
On Wednesday, Keith developed the nasty stomach flu also and had to stay home from work on Thursday. I had Hunter stay with my mom and dad on Friday because I couldn't miss work anymore. Now they both have it! I have not gotten it and I don't plan on getting it. I cannot take anymore days off of work this year! Even though I have only taken 3 days this entire year and I still have about 9 more days, I have a feeling I would be reprimanded for taking too many days. It's stupid, but that's the life of a teacher. Now it will be even worse, since the legislature just decided to make massive budget cuts in education. This has been an awful week!!

2 comments:

  1. I ditto your comment...crappy week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a mess! Poor little Hunter. That is the worst. We went through that a few times with Kennedie, and everytime she ended up in the hospital. Kelsie hasn't had anything like that yet and I am crossing my fingers she doesn't get it ever. I hope you are in the clear. I would say if you haven't gotten it by now you are golden! Good luck! Feel better Hunter and Keith.

    ReplyDelete