Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Hunter's Year

This is Hunter now

Here he is about 6 months old


The first time I saw him



What a beautiful boy!




Today is Hunter's Birthday. What happened to this whole year? It went by so fast, all the memories are just blurs! What a wonderful year it has been. Even though the year is just memories, I will remember every single moment, from the first time the nurses laid Hunter on my belly and I saw his beautiful face, to this moment.





Hunter was the most gorgeous baby I have ever seen. I'm sure every mother says that, but I really do believe that I've never seen a baby so perfect. Those few days after Hunter was born were miserable, but I knew in my heart they would pass. When they did, I realized again how amazing my son was. He only kept me up all night a handful of times. By the time he was 4 weeks old, he was sleeping through the night. He hardly ever cried. I am so lucky.





I'm so proud of him, already! When he first laughed, I was proud. When he first said Dada I was proud. Now all he says is, "Ma," and I'm even more proud! It took him awhile to learn how to roll over, but once he did, he learned to crawl like a maniac. He crawls faster than me. He was 8 months old when he got his first tooth. Then within the month, he got 5 more! Once he starts something, he just keeps going! I can't wait to see what he will become.





Hunter is 1 today. I can't believe it. I can't believe that I can love such a little person so much! I guess that is what kids do. They open up your heart. At least that is what Hunter has done for me.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post! Hunter really is a very special little guy. You can already tell he is so sweet and kind. I wish I got to see him more. You are doing a wonderful job as his mommy. Happy Birthday Hunter!

    ReplyDelete